Friday, February 24, 2012

Every day evaluations






Its easy to conceive that children learn daily, especially at a young age. Seeing this very natural talent unravel before my eyes, at such a rapid pace to me is astonishing.  I know that grasping the ability to walk talk and identify objects has been happening since the beginning of time, but it still ceases to amaze me, especially when it happens right before my eyes, in my own children. Let me take you an a journey that allowed me and hubby to have 7 full days of ' Everyday Evaluations'. As we embark on what new things we have been able to capture on camera, the findings of 3 little squirrels :)


 Lets start off by observing the growth of the eldest child. I'm enjoying this age of learning and it forces me to re- teach myself a lot to keep up with her demands of her ever growing curious brain :) Seeing her pick up on new things and watching her express understanding and technique makes me smile. "I want to be an artist when i grow up" ~ Evelyn
 Ever since getting her very own library card, we have been to the library 4 times. Each time we go Evelyn picks out lots of books (9 to be exact). She loves when i read them to her and afterwards she scans through them over and over, morning, noon and night,
 She has picked up on letter forming, through her letter writing to pen pals, and is starting to space out words.
(Noisy Nora, Owl Moon, Baby Brains) She has started to make a list of all the books we get from the library :)
 Her creative side also shines through. We used this picture frame to make a mini chalk board, using chalk board spray paint.
Evelyn's backyard art is really blooming :) Here she draws a picture and i label it, as she points out the graph showing 'seeds, 'water' and 'flower' growth in order.
Using an old can, and light from the kitchen Evey discovered she made a reflective flashlight ...

Evey also enjoys spotting words and letters she has learned and uses them during shopping trips to help spot needed food, and crosses it off the list :)
This week we also spotted these foot prints on the back porch. Evey wanted to know who they belonged to, so we put our good detective skills to work by looking them up online and discovered that they might be long to a skunk, or a raccoon. She giggled and kept peering out the window at night to see if she could spot the animal.

Its hard to believe my 2 1/2 yr old, is really 2 1/2. between her speech and imagination, i'm not sure how old she is, HAHAHAHA!
 Omri is shown here typing on her "computer" she made out of  lego blocks........
 And again here, with her two car garage :) ...........
What im most amazed with is her speech. Sometimes i forget how old she is, because she will carry on a conversation like nobody's business. Being fresh is a given........

Pa, "Omri, shhh the baby is sleeping"
Omri, " pa! I was talking to evey and i was talking slow !"

Other quotes from Omri include :
" I just need juice"
" you're supposed to be making my breakfast!"
" I don't want dinner, dinner is for babies"
" Luna, get over it!"
"can you come with me because i'm scared" *insert FAKE sad face here ___
" Eva your not my best friend, mummy's my best friend"

Omri, "you're rude!"
Me: " why am i rude?"
Omri, "because you told me to go clean my room!"
Me, "well thats not nice (sad face)"
Omri, "im  sorry, i didnt say that (looks around,picks up  her cow) he said it,  (high pitched voice) i'm sorry"

I can honestly say i laugh daily at having a child like her in my life.

My Toothy Tinky is growing like a weed, but most of all since she sprouted 2 teeth her overall growth is non stop! it's becoming real that she is no longer a helpless newborn, let me show you how......
 Master sitter! just this week alone, Luna has mastered the art of sitting with out tipping over. She can go from sitting to belly position without hurting her self :p
 Master of 'copy cat'. This babe is serious when it comes to face making, esp when it comes to play time with daddy.
 Master of toilet training.....um.....well not exactly LOL , but we did accidentally catch our first pee on the pot this week :) and no im not E.C'ing i love my cloth diapers too much.
 Master of trying new foods........

 Master of terrorizing all things eye level to her. This babe can scoot using just toes and elbows, and can go room to room using just that.
 Master of giving me a mild heart attack! when seeing this while i snapped a photo, she sure showed us the power of baby legs!
 Master of practical lip removal. If it soft like a breast and stretches like a nipple....
But doesn't taste like a breast, nor have milk......it must just be daddy's lip :/
Master of sleeping like a floppy newborn :)
 When i sit back and re evaluate all that we have discovered in this week alone it just warms my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment