Saturday, September 24, 2011

And here goes it.....

Some might call us an 'unlikely' couple. but we consider ourselves to be a vicious duet. We come from complete different sides of the spectrum, but our differences even us out & before we knew it our friendship caught on fire.We met unexpectedly, and hit it off great as friends. He told me i was beautiful...i told him "i'm not interested"....and so began the battle of emotions. I was already a young single parent of a beautiful little girl, i didn't need any obstacles in my way, as i was already setting ground for my 'new life'. We hung out a few times and he still seemed to be geared towards his physical attraction to me. getting frustrated and confused, i told him: "your not my type!" he told me: "that's because you have a bad case of bad taste!". We both laughed. i though to myself if i act my normal loud, silly, burping, photo taking self, then he will get my point, not be attracted to me & we can be friends. He seemed to back off at my request and with time things were running smoothly. We were hanging out every Sunday to attend S2I car shows (a car club he was currently in) & on his days off from work it was almost automatic that he would come pick me up so we could spend the day together....until.....one night while talking on the phone about his plans for the next day, they didn't include me! I was baffled...."um, okay...sooo...WHAT THE HELL".. he responded all shocked : "what?". i just automatically assumed he would be coming to get me, after all i enjoyed our time together, and thought he did too. & then it dawned on me....OH NO NO NO NO NO! I'M CATCHING FEELINGS !!! great just when i tell him to back off, i'm the one who has to go and get all mushy. The following day he picks me up, we spend the time together. that following day i had an interview and it was pouring out, so he offers to bring me. oh cool, i'm thinking the interview was going to be maybe 45 mn. It wasn't! it was an interview PLUS orientation !!! so there i was with no phone for 3 1/2 hrs, pist because when i was done i was going to have to go in the rain to travel home,& further my commute to daycare to pick up my little girl. I step outside and there he is! STILL THERE.. rain and all i run through the puddles and jump in the car. He must have thought i was crazy because i was thanking him over and over and over again. any body else would have just left. I picked up my baby and headed home, and on my way to sleep i re-evaluate my emotions toward him. In the morning i arise and text him "I LOVE YOU AND WANT TO BE WITH YOU"







A Relationship without sex

How you say? easy because sex makes babies & there was no way i was going to be a single mother of two. With that being said, sex also complicates things in more ways than one. I loved how we stared off as friends, it gave us time to enjoy each others company with out the 'physical' aspect thrown in the mix. After traveling from work to come see me (35mn drive) and we'd chat the night away, i would allow him to sleep over, if he were comfortable sharing a bed, BUT...sleeping on top of the comforter, while i slept under it :) He did & it worked out great ! Our relationship was blooming, and my baby girl and him hit it off effortlessly

Before i knew it i was happier than ever with my decision to re- enter the world of 'relationships', not able to contain my excitement ,i shared my joy with my family and soon set up a date, so that my dad could meet MR.Man.
as nervous as i was, we pulled up in the parking lot of UNO's and walked in. my dad asked a series of fast paced questions as if he were interviewing him for a murder, i swore i saw the lamp swing in our direction.apparently the answers to my dads questions were satisfactory because i could feel the mood in the room get lighter. I'm thinking to myself..if my dad doesn't like him, i'm going to kick him to the curb. Right at that point, he says to my father " i love your daughter, so it doesn't matter to me if you like me or not, because i'm dating her not you "......i held my breath....my father looks up & smiles. All is well. I'd say dinner was a success & i got my dads seal of approval.



lets talk babies :)

After some time Mr.man would mention to me how he loved how Evelyn is turning out to be such a great kid. He loved the way i raised her. So after many of these conversations we pondered a bit about having our own. Could we afford it? i mean... can i afford to be at home with my 2 children? Since having children is something we both wanted, & we both wanted me to be home to take care of them, we 'budget played'. Practiced living on 'X' amount of money for sometime and see if its doable while calculating the expenses of children. Yes there were sacrifices, but hey, we could do it ! SIMPLE CALCULATION : September 2nd DTD ~ October 8th +pregnancy test 


.....And so begins our journey

No comments:

Post a Comment