Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wedding day !


Can i start off by saying, everything in a magazine that i find to be attractive, isn't attractive on me! BLAAAH. So once again, Lenny to the rescue. I've window shopped on line, as gorgeous dresses filled my monitor and fell in love with a ball gown, with strap option. Hesitantly i continued to look, then realized i don't want to order a dress online. so shopping around for some bridal stores was my next option. I called 4 stores in my area, finally found  a bridal shop 10mn out of the way, and so we went.

 As soon as i got in the place and looked around i knew i was going to try on  a lot of dresses.I started looking at the prices to fit one into what i think is budget friendly. Right then Lenny looks at me and says "find a dress you love, not a dress you you love for the price". I found the dress that most resembled the ball down and tried it on, i didn't even want to come out of the dressing room as i knew THIS WASN'T IT. Upon giving the dress back to the bridal consultant she pulls out a flock of new dresses, some i though were personally UGLY. She states: " try this one on for 'fit', and this one on for 'material', and this one on for color". I look at her like she has 10 heads and try on yet another dress, this one is a strapless & white. After stuffing myself in this dress, i come on looking like a busted can of  biscuits, i knew from the struggle that it wasn't 'the one'. After trying on another 3 dresses, i'm tired and would really like to call it quits, so Lenny grabs the next dress.

I look at it briefly and hand it back to him. "I DON'T TO HALTER TOPS". He looks at me and shoved it back into my hands, "try it on" he exclaims. At first sight i thought the detail on the dress was beautiful, and the color was not white, and i was fine with that also, so i go in the the changing room and slip it on. When i come out he looks at me and rolls his eyes, because i had the halter straps tucked in under my arms and the dress was not zipped up. "I hate how halters make me look"....it seems as if my words were being ignored because the seamstress and Lenny walked up to me. She zipped me up & he attached the halter around my neck.

I look in the mirror and i can see there faces behind me, and by there expressions, i knew it was "THE ONE". I spin around and realize that aside from the detail on the dress, the fit was great and the halter was actually flattering on me. This man has got some really good taste :P
The second thing we do is look at the price.....i hold my breath and look up at him, already running through my head, was to look back at the other dresses to find one that i kinda 'liked'. I knew in my heart that this was well over what we though our budget would be. He looked at the dress and laughed out loud, looked at me & said  " Lets do it ! you only get married once right?" i was shocked and excited all at once, panic set in on how we would be able to afford this dream dress. So we set up payments like the rings an i leave with a smile...of coarse the price had risen when you add in undergarments, and what not, with our current move coming up the month before the wedding, i wasn't sure it was doable.

Payments are going well and now its time to get the men situated with wardrobe. So i accompany Lenny into the Tux shop, only to be kicked out! " This will only take a minute" he replies. "huh ?" i say. he responded back, "i'm picking out my suit, that your not to see until the big day, you like how i switch things up on ya , huh?". i left laughing and confused but what the heck, i trust him right?, he did pick out our rings an my dress. As i walk towards the exit i hear him say to the man, " you don't happen to have anything like on dumb & dumber right ?"...i turn around and he starts laughing...oh boy!

Wedding day is going to be full of surprises. Planning a wedding is stressful, then add children an apartment move, a hospital trip for a 1 yr old, the replacement of a bridesmaid 2wks before wedding and factor in time that seems to not be on your side. At the end of it all, i was relived and excited. August 8th 2010 was an awesome day, as we expressed our love for each other in front of all of our close friends and family, at NedsPoint in Mattapoisett.

 hand made flowers by me






















No comments:

Post a Comment