Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome Omri


Ive always adored the name Omri, ever since my mother mentioned the name to me in the yrs prior to having children. Omri is originally a mans name, but i knew in my heart that it was fit for our girl :) Getting pregnant with Omri was easy, the pregnancy with Omri.....well......that's another story. You name it i had it. Nausea, constipation, hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, migraines, floaters, swelling, peptic ulcer pain, and a sudden onset of lactose intolerance with the addition of ever so failing eye sight, safe to say i wanted her out as soon as she got in! i went from 155lbs to 199lbs. Omri was a very active little thing that always measured out to be in the 80% for growth by ultrasound, and with Lenny's family history of 'large' babies, our Dr. went a head and talked to us about the risks of shoulder dystocia. "If she were to get stuck we would have to break her collar bone to get her out" he kept repeating. Then & there we took him up on his 'offer' of a C-section. I would rather have me cut open, then have them break my infants bones i kept thinking to myself.

                                                       2WKS BEFORE DUE DATE 


June 6th 2009, i woke up feeling ill. i couldn't explain how i felt in words, but i know something didn't feel right. Almost feverish, and slightly dizzy, on and off. I call Lenny at work around noon. "I don't feel well" i stated. His reply : "call the dr.s, i'll leave work and well go to the hospital". So i say to him: "no, they will just send me home because i'm not in labor, i will just wait for you to come home and see how i feel then". Omri's due date was June 17th and my C-sec was booked June 10th. I puttered around the house, bathed Evelyn and played some games. Lenny got home around 6pm and off we went to the hospital. I glanced at the diaper bag on my way out the door thinking to myself  "we'll be right back"

                                                                           Omri


Upon arriving to the hospital i was asked a series of questions, one of which was, "did your water break?" to which i replied, "no...well....i don't know, i pee on myself quite often". The nurse looked at me as if i had 4 heads and left the room, on her way out she said "i'll be back with your discharge sheet". Just then a nicer nurse walked in, swabbed me and announced while looking at a plastic strip highlighted green, " you clearly have a leak in fluids". In that cloud of a moment we were signing papers, getting on I.V antibiotics, and being introduced to the surgeon on call. Who said " I will be performing  your c-sec, do you have some where to put your daughter?"...i sat there in shock of what was going on, as the sweat pours from Lenny's head. We had an hour.. so Lenny left to drop evey off to the sitters, just to return with the shakes and HORRID gas & slip into scrubs

                                                           scared but still smiling


self explanatory


Omri was delivered at 10:28 pm weighing 7lbs 5oz !!!



straight out of the O.R

the hawk

Love at first sight 


Our tiny creation

Aside from having a reaction to the spinal, all went as well as it could go. Healing was...well.....healing, and i was home with my baby in no time.

meeting her little sister                                                               

Papi & Omri

                                                                               family

                                                                                Omri
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment